Decision time again.
What to do for this coming summer since there may be any funding for me during the summer.
Option 1: take the HCI final project (must start next semester)
– work with people I already know
– I will finish the program in May 2006 rather than August 2006
– \”imprisioned\” in Pittsburgh for the next 8 months
– heavy courseload -> kill poor me!
Option 2: take an internship somewhere (not even guaranteed)
– with the hci background I finally have, I can actually get a position that will be related to a future field rather than the mindless internships I had previously
– REAL JOB EXPERIENCE
– more flexibility
– probably will have to move somewhere, preferably california
– will have to sublease my room in my house (subleasing has always been a nightmare for me)
– will not see my classmates forever
Option 3: travel and see the world, one of those get-to-know-yourself experience
– I see the world. DUH.
– utilize the last break I ever would have
– need money
– trip probably would not last all 3 months, would be bored in between