This year, I am spending it in San Francisco. Unlike the rare last year where I didn’t do some crazy celebration.
This year, I am better grounded. Although a bit more cynical and jaded. But as for my birthday? What’s crazy is that I nearly got everything from last year’s wishlist minus the serendipity while traveling (turns you really have to plan and just wandering doesn’t mean that there are pleasant surprises everywhere) and the portable tripod never quite appeared.
But for my wishes! Well!
1. Presence > Present
2. CANDY! Although Chris has caught on and will prevent me from OD’ing on candy.
3. More opportunities to improve my craft of writing (more classes, maybe conferences?)
4. BE PUBLISHED LIKE LEGITIMATELY (and not just self-publishedâ€”can somewhere please accept my pieces???)
5. Another pair of casual walking shoes (because apparently my shoes from last year are almost worn out!)
6. The wisdom to know when to strengthen a friendship and when it’s just simply not worth it
7. Endless supplies of snacks and tasty juices
8. A better macbook pro