It was Karen\’s 21st b-day today (oh and Xing\’s 20th!). Her friend Yeh arranged a small b-day dinner party. I was told to arrive around 6:30 pm, but I was just told that it was at a Korean place that started with a K. So I was wandering around Telegraph Avenue for ten minutes until I encountered Karen\’s friend, Daniel.
Yet, we ended up waiting at the Korean restaurant for a good hour until Karen arrived. Hehe, she accidentally went to the wrong restaurant. But the wait was worth it. ;)
Because it was her twenty-first birthday, the restaurant owner gave her a free bottle of beer. She didn\’t like alcohol as much as I did. After a long glance at it, she passed it to me. I took a sip. Then I decided to give her a toast. :D
They made me wait forever for my chicken. But the birthday cake was good despite the fact that I don\’t like chocolate ice cream.
Happy Birthday Karen and Xing!
XP is faster than 98.
I think I am going to win my bet. :D
I nearly cracked early this morning when I was suddenly greeted by a screen with just a white bar. It sent chills down my backbone and I nearly had a tearful attack. Fortunately my personal crisis was resolved by Naim and SHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
My apologies to Karen who I kinda…uh ditched…sniff. Fortunately Kathy and her boyfriend were not so disappointed that they didn\’t go to Point Reyes. I am sure they had tons of fun together. ;)
Uh oh, the blogging addiction has returned. I knew it. :p
This is the computer that I got. Unfortunately the cd they gave me doesn\’t include a Windows XP modem driver. So no customizing until I return to my DSL line in Berkeley.
Due to some unforseen circumstances, I wasn\’t able to keep up my normal blogging routine for the last few days. And also due to Stacee\’s comparision of my lack of entries to my sister\’s bountiful entries.
And this line was very intriguing: I knew some shrooms were poisonous, but didn\’t realize this one was too.
Did you read that Shroom, did you?!
Highlights of the last few days
– discovered that Herb has pink and flowered sheets
– Herb has a big house
– Herb has a puny backyard just like mine
– Yes, it\’s true: Fry\’s salespeople are all immigrants who speak English as a second language
– visit Rob who I hadn\’t seen since July
– see Ice Age, which could have been better
– Herb has pink, ruddy cheeks just like some \’shrooms
– did not even touch my Electrical Engineering textbook at all
– say hello to John and say goodbye to John
– EAT PHO
– learning that the past doesn\’t always have to repeat itself
– learning that Christina was changing servers for oceansky.org
– realizing that all my files were lost
– Herb lost my Outlook files
– Fry\’s does not accept American Express
– if you don\’t know what to do, then RTFM
– leave for the airport, especially Oakland Airport, three hours ahead of time even though your flight is 6:30 in the morning
– Herman the brother likes to check up on his little brother quite often
– rush hour occurs around 3 pm on weekdays on 680. be sure to bring a friend for the carpool lane and a Jimmy Eat World CD
– the Harry Potter series is intriguing
– my sis is a scary person
– Eddie is dumb
DER. Der. DER! der der der. der der der. der? DER DER. der! dEr? deeeerrrr. der. DER! DER. der?!?! deeerrrrr! der der. der? DER? der! DER?
Happiness is such a fleeting thing, isn\’t it? I think I shall define that as the most evil word on this planet.
MAJOR APOLOGIES. Okay, let\’s just say I was insane.
I was this [ ] close to being ASM aka Assembly Language. OMG. Where is Java?!
You are Perl. Congratulations. You\’re chic and easy going. You can\’t do everything
but you\’re good at connecting with others to gelp you overcome this.
What programming language are you??
I now know for a fact that people just don\’t read. See that sms box over there to the right? The one with smilie faces? Like everyone, people tend to press the :( although it says so specifically above that :( means reset and :) means send. Now why would I be unhappy to receive your msg? Perhaps it\’s not intuitive, but yes that\’s what my ex-boyfriend coded for me so that I could sms him without opening my browser.
Oh and I receieved an anonymous sms early this evening. I think that eventually I\’ll have to decrease the character limit just so that I can send the ip address with the msg. I have enabled me43.com again, so you can send msgs through that little box again. ;)